This is literally one of my favorite go-to hairstyles. Easy, quick and super stylish!
Step by step:
1. Make sure to brush your hair out. DUH! I love using my wet brush to get tangles out without damaging the hair.
2. Divide your hair in two separate sections on one side. [see photos above] To start a normal fishtail braid hold both sections separately, then take a small outer piece of one of the two sections of your hair and cross forward…it doesn't matter which section you start with. Cross the small piece over and add it to the inside of the other section. This piece you have crossed will now become a part of the other section.
3. Now, you're going to make the exact same cross but this time you will use the other section of hair. So once again take a small piece from the outer part of the section and cross it forward over to the inside of the opposite section.
4. The way to make it a messy fishtail is to start at the top of the hair closest to the head and do about four large chunky pieces then go into four smaller pieces, then alternate back and forth. (Up to you on how long hair is and how many times you want to alternate.)
5. Loosen each braided piece of the hair for more of a messy look. [shown in the photo above] Then secure the bottom with a clear elastic band.